Welcome to the first NZ Canyoning Association photo competition!
Access Gear has been a long term supporter of Canyoning here in NZ, as well as supporting the NZCA with discounts on anchors for the Canyon Fund and for prizes/sponsorship of the NZCA Canyoning Festivals.
This competition was inspired by the Federated Mountain Clubs of New Zealand photo comp. As an affiliated club, NZCA can put forward its winning entries into the FMC comp, which has over $3100 worth of prizes.
How to enter
To enter, post a photo to the NZCA Photo competition event page and give it the hashtag.
For an entry to be valid, the photo post must have;
- The #NZCAphotocomp2018 hashtag. (the hashtag is important to facilitate the judging later on, no hashtag/wrong hashtag, = no entry)
- A caption/description, which describes the story behind the photo (up to 150 words) and the approximate location of the photo.
- The name of the category the photo is entered for.
There are 6 categories of photo in the FMC competition, you can enter up to two photos per category.
- ABOVE BUSHLINE (With no Human Element)
- ABOVE BUSHLINE (With a Human Element)
- BELOW BUSHLINE (With no Human Element)
- BELOW BUSHLINE (With a Human Element)
- HISTORIC (Old school photos more than 2 years old)
- NATIVE FLORA & FAUNA
Rules for entering
- Entry is only open to members of the NZCA. (Membership is free, sign up here…)
- Photos must be taken in NZ.
- Digital manipulation by cropping, adjustment for tone/contrast and stitching of photos is allowed. Filters are not.
- Photos that have been previously professionally published (in magazines/commercial websites/books etc) are not eligible for entry.
- Entries close on Sunday 2nd September 2018. At that point, the NZCA judge will select a shortlist of photos for each category, and post them in a ‘finalists’ album to the event page. Then members will vote for the best photos by ‘liking’ the photos. There’s no way to control the number of votes, so vote as much as you want!
- Voting will finish on Friday 7th September. The 2x finalist photo with the most likes for each category will be the winners, and will be entered by NZCA into the FMC photo competition.
- By entering the club comp, you’re agreeing that if your photo wins, it will go forward to the FMC comp and that you agree that the photo can be used by FMC for promotional purposes.
- Photos that depict any questionable acts will be removed from the page by the judge (ie, anything which might bring the club or the sport into disrepute)
- Judges decision (Dan Clearwater) is final.
For more details about the FMC comp and the rules/prizes, visit the FMC website. http://www.fmc.org.nz/
Any questions, ask on the Facebook event page for clarifcation!