Updated 18 March 2021 by Warren Fitzgerald
6 weeks notice is hereby given of the AGM for the NZ Canyoning Association for the 2021/22 club year.
The AGM will be run online. The purpose of the e-AGM is to fulfill the club’s obligations under the law and our club rules to keep the club as an incorporated society. This allows us to operate a bank account which we can use to run club activities.
- 15 March – e-AGM announced, 6-week warning.
- 31 March – End of the financial year. Deadline for members to submit extra Agenda points / apply to join the exec
- 5 April – electronic voting for exec (if required) begins
- 15 April – e-voting for exec ends. Financial reports made available on the website. Member discussion/feedback via email welcomed.
- 31 April – end of e-AGM
- 01 May – new exec takes office
- Approval of the clubs financial accounts
- Nominations for the executive
- Election of officers (executive members)
If you have any extra items for the agenda, please email email@example.com before the deadline. If there’s an additional agenda item, it will be considered by the executive, and then a summary displayed on the website. Feedback from members via email will be invited and votes called for if necessary. Not a member? You can join now for free.
Please note, appropriate AGM agenda items are those to do with the official process of running of the association; club rules, accounts, financial matters, executive member etc. Other items of general business can be dealt with by the executive at any time by emailing the association.
Club Financial Accounts
These will be reviewed and moved/seconded by the current executive once the financial year is over, then made available on the NZCA website. Any discussion from members about the accounts will be accepted by email. Any unresolved debate will be put to an email vote from members, and then recorded in the minutes.
Nominations for the executive
Want to contribute to NZCA’s mission by volunteering on the exec? You can apply for any role, even president! If you are interested, please have a chat with us and ask any questions you might have.
Members of the NZCA who wish to fill any of the roles in the executive must send an application to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
We will acknowledge receipt of all applications. Each application should be one page or less, and include a profile photo and a biography that states your experience and skills that you would apply to the role. To learn more about the roles available within the executive, check out our committee page and our strategic objectives. Executive discussions are mostly done online, though there is an expectation that exec members will meet at the bi-annual canyoning festival to meet face to face.
All applicant bio’s will be published on this website.
Vacancies on the executive
If you’re interested in any of the roles, get in touch; email@example.com
Election of officers (executive)
In accordance with the NZCA rules;
- If the number of nominations (including incumbents) is less than the number of positions, the election will be decided by a vote of the incumbent executive.
- If the number of nominations (including incumbents) exceeds the number of positions (15), a vote by email from members will be carried out after the closing date for nominations and voting closes on 31 April. New executive members will begin on 01 May.