Updated 16 March 2020 by Dan Clearwater
6 weeks notice is hereby given of the AGM for the NZ Canyoning Association for the 2020 club year.
The AGM will be run online.The purpose of the e-AGM is fulfill the clubs obligations under the law and our club rules to keep the club as an incorporated society. This allows us to operate a bank account which we can use to run club activities.
- 15 March e-AGM announced 6 week warning.
- 31 March End of financial year. Deadline for members to submit extra Agenda points / apply to join the exec
- 5 April electronic voting for exec (if required) begins
- 15 April e-voting for exec ends. Financial reports made available on website. Member discussion / feedback via email welcomed.
- 31 April End of e-AGM
- 01 May new exec takes office
- Approval of the clubs financial accounts
- Nominations for the executive
- Election of officers (executive members)
If you have any extra items for the agenda, please email the firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline. If there’s an additional agenda item, it will be considered by the executive, and then a summary displayed on the website. Feedback from members via email will be invited and votes called for if necessary. Not a member? You can join now for free.
Please note, appropriate AGM agenda items are those to do with the official process of running of the association; club rules, accounts, financial matters, executive member etc. Other items of general business can be dealt with by the executive at any time by emailing the association.
Club Financial Accounts
These will be reviewed and moved/seconded by the current executive once the financial year is over, then made available on the NZCA website. Any discussion from members about the accounts will be accepted by email. Any unresolved debate will be put to an email vote from members, and then recorded in the minutes.
Nominations for the executive
Want to contribute to NZCA’s mission by volunteering on the exec? You can apply for any role, even president! If you are interested, please have a chat to us, to ask any questions you might have.
Members of the NZCA who wish to fill any of the roles in the executive, must send an application to email@example.com by the deadline.
We will acknowledge receipt of all applications. Each application should be one page or less, and include a profile photo and a biography and that states your experience and skills that you would apply to the role. To learn more about the the roles available within of the executive, check out the ‘who are we?’ page and our strategic objectives. Executive discussions are mostly done online, though there is an expectation that exec members will meet at the bi-annual canyoning festival to meet face to face.
All applicant bio’s will be published on this website.
Vacancies on the executive
We’re looking for a new ‘advocacy’ representative, an Aspiring area representative and general committee members. If you’re interested in any of the roles, get in touch; firstname.lastname@example.org
Election of officers (executive)
In accordance with the NZCA rules;
- If the number of nominations (including incumbents) is less than the number of positions, the election will be decided by a vote of the incumbent executive.
- If the number of nominations (including incumbents) exceeds the number of positions (15), a vote by email from members will be carried out after the closing date for nominations and voting closes on 31 April. New executive members will begin on 01 May.