Updated 29 Mar by Dan Clearwater
Nominations for the executive
Want to contribute to NZCA’s mission by volunteering on the exec? Want to help defend access to our canyons? Assist with the development of Canyon SAR across NZ? Help with communications, accounting? Be a regional representative? Bring new ideas, skills and initiatives?
The NZCA is specifically looking for newer canyoners to step up, to begin taking over from many of the long-serving members of the committee. Time for more new ideas, to keep the NZCA fresh and relevent.
You can apply for any role, even president! If you are interested, please have a chat with us and ask any questions you might have. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Members of the NZCA who wish to fill any of the roles in the executive must send an application to email@example.com by the deadline.
We will acknowledge receipt of all applications. Each application should be one page or less, and include a profile photo and a biography that states your experience and skills that you would apply to the role. To learn more about the roles available within the executive, check out our committee page and our strategic objectives. Executive discussions are mostly done online, though there is an expectation that exec members will meet at the bi-annual canyoning festival to meet face to face.
All applicant bio’s will be published on this website.
- 30 March: Nominations open
- 15 April: Nominations close
- 25 April: Voting (if needed) opens
- 10 May: Voting (if needed) ends. Elected members join the executive, for a handover period.
- 1 August: New executive takes office.
In accordance with the NZCA rules;
- If the number of nominations (including incumbents) is less than the number of positions, the election will be decided by a vote of the incumbent executive.
- If the number of nominations (including incumbents) exceeds the number of positions (15), a vote by email from members will be carried out after the closing date for nominations.